Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Mindy post 4

Well, I just got off the phone with Mindy. It was good to hear her voice, and she does sound a little better than the last time I talked to her.

She says that the pain meds are helping some, but that she is having electric spasms in her back. She said that those started after her visit from Dr. Boy-aaa-jen yesterday when he made her pull her knee up to her chest as far as she could.

Becky stopped in to check on her, and Mindy thinks that what Becky would like to see them do is give her an epidural and proceed with the colonoscopy.

However, Mindy said she was thinking that perhaps they would start therapy on the back problem today, but no one has said so for certain yet.

So, I guess to sum it up, things are still kind of up in the air. Mindy says there is no way they can do the colonoscopy today because she hasn't had the laxative prep, so if they do go Becky's way it will still be at least tomorrow.

Min also said that they are doing a 24 hour urine, to see what is going on in the kidneys, if anything.

Personally, I think that is a precaution, and a darn good one at that. With 18 years of experience with kidney problems on Rich, I know that everything effects the kidneys, and they can get in bad shape quickly, so Kudos to the doctors for staying on top of it.

For the time being, I'm not going to go down there. Rich and I were planning a trip down over the Easter weekend anyway, and we will still do that, so unless one of the doctors decides that Mindy needs surgery of some kind, we'll hold off on going until the weekend.

And, just for giggles and grins....how do you know when Mindy is feeling better??? She talks about work!!!

Yes, that's right, she and I have always been able to share about the Community Action saga's. Even though I am no longer with an agency, I follow them closely, and she can tell me what is going on, and know that I understand it all.

So, she spent about half of her time on the phone with me, talking about work.

For me personally, that was very reassuring!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi N,
    Thanks for keeping us all posted. Glad to hear she is feeling a little better, but probably the pain meds are masking the problems. Also thankful for good Drs who stay on top of things. Hopefully they can find out what is wrong and fix it. It is hard to see her down; she is always so positve and full of energy. Still praying for her.
    Carolyn called and said something about a herniated disc. I can relate to that, have two of them, but keep them under control with and Inversion table and go to the Chiropracter about once a month. Hope she can get relief and that the Colonoscopy won't find anything serious.
    Keep us posted. How is your Mom holding up?
    S / Nanny Fulton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi S!

    I havn't talked to mom today, but you know her, she'll be solid as a rock while she has to be!

    I did talk to her a little bit yesterday about watching out for herself, and she assured me that she was and would.

    At the moment I don't think anyone has told Mindy exactly what the back problem is, but mom said something yesterday about possibly some kind of compaction. My thinking on that would be traction therapy, but again, that is just speculation, no one has said for certain what they are going to be doing about the back.

    Electric spasms though sounds like pinched nerves, but again, I'm not a doctor.

    I am hoping that by the end of the day today, Mindy will have some solid answers as to what kind of problems she is facing.

    We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

    N

    ReplyDelete