Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Mindy post # 3

Mom called me about 5:30.

The catscan was done around three.

Twenty five years ago my mom had a surgeon who literally saved her life, he is the one that is looking out for Min now.

The only info I have at the moment, is that dcotor says that while there is something wrong in the bowel or intestine, the far worse problem is in her back.

They are bringing in an orthopedic back surgeon to look at the situation and see what needs to be done. Mom didn't know for sure how bad it is, whether it is something that can be resolved with therapy or if it might require surgery.

The doctor who saw her today, I could not even begin to spell his name but it sounds like boy-aaa-jen. He's very good at what he does, and I'm confident he'll look out for Min's best interest.

Mom is hoping that Min will get something to help her sleep tonight. As it stands now, she and Andrew are both going home tonight, and will go back to the hospital first thing in the morning.

I'll post again, as soon as I hear anything.

4 comments:

  1. Hi N,
    I was just finishing up working on AWANA for tomorrow night and had Mindy on my mind and looked up your post.
    She has been in my thoughts and prayers all day as I took care of Jon's little boy, Grant. He has stomach flu. M & I will probably be next. Anyhow, glad you are keeping us posted on Min's condition. Hope she can rest tonight. Back surgery is no fun, I had it two years ago.
    Take care,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI S!

    Right now waiting to find out what is going on it a real booger!

    At least when I post, I feel like I'm doing something, whether anyone reads it or not.

    I haven't heard from mom yet this morning, but probably will soon.

    We are praying that back surgery is not going to be needed. Hopefully therapy will solve the problem, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

    I'll post again as soon as I hear anything.

    N

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I am sitting on pins and needles waiting to see a new post. Is she in Effingham?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ashley
    I just added a new post. Things are kind of status quo for now, but I can tell the pain meds are working.

    Yes she is at Effingham, and in all of this, I have not even bothered to find out what her room number is.

    I will try my best to remember to ask the next time I hear from mom or Mindy, and I'll post it asap.

    ReplyDelete