Friday, June 12, 2009

How does the garden grow

Well, I realize it has been a while since we updated the tomato business. So, I thought maybe you all would be in the mood for some green tomatoes!



We have had so much rain, that just walking outside is like walking on a sponge, and up here that is rare. Soil ususally drains well, so well, that generally be now Rich is having to do a little watering, just to make sure everything grows.

The plants are doing well, and as you can see he has maters on every bush.



He decided not to hang them this year as he has in the past. Last year we had some trouble with the plants being so heavy they pulled the metal cross wires down, and then he had to work to keep everything from getting tangled.

This year he's going with horizontal tying, where that he runs baler twine the length of the row, then clips the tomato plants to the twine.

We ran out of clips, and believe it or not, it lead to another landmark event for the hubs.

Rich hates to computer, but he will stand behind me and look at the screen while I navigate. So, out of clips, what to do? EBAY!!

Believe it or not we found clips at auction on eBay, and he after much debate decided we should bid on them.

So, long story short, the last 10 minutes, I sneak in and place a winning bid. Then we wait. Well we won, which to me is no big deal because I do a lot of SELLING on ebay, and I'm just like oh well whatever. But he was quite pleased. In the end, he even figured out that he had saved money, so that made him really happy.

So does this mean eBay has a new victim? Hardly! As soon as the auction was ended he backed away slowly from the pooter, and I don't really expect him to return to it any time soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment