Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mount Pulaski Illinois -- How high can they pile it??






I took these pictures in Mount Pulaski Illinois Monday afternoon.  This large pile of snow is the end result of the town cleaning up their streets.

They are doing a really terrific job of making the downtown area available to visitors without forcing them to wade through the white stuff, or park in piles of it!

As you can see the pile is quite high, and I am estimating that the square footage of the lot they are filling is about the same as my entire house!

And, the large area begs the questions....how high can they pile it?  And, how long will it last??

2 comments:

  1. I think Mt. Pulaski has always been jealous of Elkhart Hill and will do anything to justify the nickname of Hilltoppers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I had no idea there was any kind of rivalry there.

    Mt. Pulaski I believe is a great little town, and I enjoy visiting the folks there. I've developed a special attachment to their historical society folk, and visit with them on a fairly regular basis.

    But...I don't think even they can deny that they still, generations after the fact, resent the idea that they are no longer the county seat of Logan.

    ReplyDelete